Open Water Diver
Learning to dive with scubaonline means:
Starting your new hobby with a lot of fun, a high level of safety, a lot of comfort and on the highest level.
The Open Water Diver is the entry into the adventure of diving. During the course you will learn the most important theoretical and practical basics and then you will be allowed to prove your skills under real conditions in the open water. As a trained Open Water Diver you are allowed to dive "on your own" to a depth of up to 18 meters together with other trained divers.
How does the course work?
The course includes:
- 6 theory sessions (followed by a final test), which are taught in 2-3 afternoons or evenings and serve as a repetition of the theory learned in home studies
- 3 afternoons or evenings in the pool
- 2 days on the weekend at the lake
Already during the first practical part we dress you. I.e. we choose the right diving equipment (suit and jacket) for you. So you can get used to the equipment, its care and gentle treatment.
Of course, our instructors and staff are always ready to help you with words and deeds.
Our special service
You will learn diving with one of our instructors in small groups. Instead of the allowed 8 students at once (with only one instructor), a maximum of 4 students dive with their instructor. And if an exercise doesn't work out right away, we have the time to add an extra dive at the end of the day. Our philosophy of a successful diving course is not just to hold a certificate in your hands, but to LEARN the hobby "diving" with fun, safety, comfort and above all a lot of time! We want to be able to "release" every single student into the underwater world with a clear conscience.
Where does what take place?
For the theory we meet directly in our diving school in Ilsfeld.
The first dives take place in the indoor pool in Kornwestheim or in the outdoor pool in Heilbronn (depending on the season).
The open water dives will take place in a lake about 100km away.
What do you have to bring?
- ABC equipment (mask, snorkel, booties, fins) and possibly neoprene gloves (depending on the season and how cold you feel). For reasons of hygiene and the necessary perfect fit, we cannot provide this equipment on loan. If necessary, we will be happy to advise you - especially in the ABC area, we always have great bargains for you.
- Medical certificate (diving fitness certificate)
- Writing utensils
- Towel and swimwear
- For the open water dives: food and plenty to drink, also appropriate clothing, a warm sweater, cap or headband (depending on the season)
What is included in the course price?
All theory sessions, 3 pool sessions and 4 open water dives, conducted by a qualified instructor, completion certificate, rental equipment (except ABC), tank fills, log book and processing fees.
What are the course requirements?
- Minimum age 14 years
- Diving fitness certificate
What happens after the course?
First of all, you can of course go diving yourself, together with a buddy, or if you don't have a buddy, you can take part in our diving trips.
You can also attend further courses to improve your skills.
The theory sessions only serve as a review of the theory learned in the home study. The courses are designed so that in the theory sessions with the instructor only the most important things are discussed again and open questions are clarified.
Therefore, please prepare for the theory sessions!
You can learn the theory via the myssi homepage (https://my.divessi.com) or the myssi app. You will receive the access for this as soon as you have filled out the important documents in the attachment and sent them back to us.